Lassonde Beverages Canada Plant – Toronto, Ontario
Lassonde Industries Inc. develops, manufactures and markets an innovative and distinctive line of fruit and vegetable juices and drinks. Our brands include: Oasis, Fairlee, Allen’s, Fruite, Rougemont as well as specialty food products. Nearly 1,300 employees contribute to the Company’s growth and to offering customers quality products.
We are a small unionized plant of 150 employees that work together as a team to achieve great success. Yes, we have a good work environment where you can grow your career with great wages, benefits and participate in an RRSP Plan for your future.
We currently have a job opening for a Industrial Millwright Mechanic.?? This is a full-time Overnight Shift position reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair, maintain, install, replace, troubleshoot and diagnose various machinery and mechanical quipment such as pumps, conveyors, belts, fans utilizing hand tools and testing instruments
- Inspect completed repairs and recommend appropriate solution
- Perform all work with strict adherence to all applicable safety legislation and procedures
- Estimates time and material costs on electrical and mechanical projects
- Requisition supplies and materials as required and approved by management.
- Work from engineering drawings rough sketches, manuals or verbal instruction and install equipment to diagram specifications
- Provide performance feedback to workers to motivate or improve adherence to operating procedures or quality standards
- Complete work orders as required and ensures appropriate follow-up communication
- Disassemble machines and repair/replace/adjust parts accordingly
- Clean and lubricate equipment, parts and machinery
- Maintain equipment in proper operating condition
- May be required to perform machine operator duties on occasion
- Assist co-workers with any questions or issues regarding task completion
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- Minimum of 5 years experience working as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, preferably in a food and beverage manufacturing environment
- Valid Millwright Certificate
- Dual License ( not required ) would earn you an additional premium
- Diploma from an accredited educational institution in a related mechanical field
- Thorough knowledge of all applicable safety legislation
- Proficient at troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining and servicing all plant equipment in a timely manner
- Strong problem solving, planning and organizational skills
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills. Must be fluent in English (read, write and speak).
Monday – Friday
Overnight Shift :?? 10:00 pm – 6:00 am
$28.87 / hour ??? Dual License – $29.62 / hour
$0.90 / hour shift premium
Interested applicants are invited to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted, however, we will retain all resumes on file for future opportunities.
Lassonde Beverages Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. Please advise us if you require accommodation and we will be happy to work with you to meet your needs.
About Lassonde Inc.
Lassonde is an active, growing, and innovative company. To support this growth, we are always on the lookout for new, talented people with a serious interest in the agri-food industry—people who will enable us to continue to reach even higher.
Submit my application
your request will be processed as quickly as possible.